Thursday, September 6, 2012

THE WOOL GRAY SKIRT: Part II


The Monochromatic look

This outfit was inspired by a coworker who is very into the monochromatic color scheme. 
While she prefers wearing black on black with a hint of white or red, I wanted to keep this outfit a bit more subdued. 


Here you can see the original gray skirt.
I paired it with a simple gray-blue long-sleeved t-shirt
I bought from target roughly 10 years ago during a Black Friday sale.
I think I paid $6. I'm sure it would be no trouble to thrift a similar top.
This version of the outfit gets finished off with a long, blue rock necklace,
that blends seamlessly into the outfit
and allows your face to draw the attention.




The second way to attack this outfit
is to use a bright necklace as a focal point.

I purchased these painted wooden beads at a thrift store for $1.

A gift from my mother, this rock necklace
comes complete with a
peace sign and disco ball.

Dark gray knee-highs continue the theme, while tan cowboy boots help balance the look.

  I purchased this pair at DSW for $80.





For more uses of this look, try a leather shirt on top.  Thrifted, $4.

No comments:

Post a Comment