Friday, September 14, 2012

Ketchup and Mustard


Here's another segment for Thrift at Work.
This time I'm working a seemingly classic button-down.

The Pink Button-Down

$4.50

The fit, sturdy cotton and beautiful texture, is what drew me to this top.

In order to keep this shirt feeling fresh,
I turned to the classic color palette of
ketchup and mustard.
The twist is that the ketchup is a subdued pink,
while the mustard is more dijon.


Button-ups and pencil skirts are both classic items. 
Keep it modern with the accessories.


Many thrifted items have one funky element. Here, the cuffs are long and huge. 
I've folded them once and in the future, I hope to use cufflinks to calm them down.

I purchased this pencil skirt at the Village Discount Outlet ($3),
a thrift store in Newport, Kentucky that unfortunately, no longer exists.




It feels fresh to button all the way up.


This necklace is fun yet refined, keeping it in line with the business model. Necklace, $5, Nordstrom Rack.


I never get enough of boots.  I feel like me in a leather pair, with a low heel.


The thrifting robot. I couldn't resist.

1 comment: