Thursday, August 30, 2012

What I bought: August 25, 2012

On a recent trip to one of my favorite thrift stores (St. Vincent De Paul, Mt. Washington) I found some great buys.

In case you didn't know, this is my M.O. when it comes to shopping:

If I can't see where I would wear [insert item], I don't purchase it.


 Usually that means I can wear it to work as I work five days a week. Often, I have an idea of what I'm looking for before I enter a thrift shop. This time, I was inspired by various fashion magazines' September issue.  One of the fall trends I've been most excited about is the come back of the full skirt.


BLACK FULL SKIRT WITH WHITE FLOWERS

$3.99 

Bold yet totally work appropriate.

TOMMY HILFIGER PINK BUTTON-DOWN

$4.50

Love the texture and delicate buttons.
I always love a good work basic.


FULL SKIRT MADE OF GRAY WOOL

$3.99

The cutouts begin just above the knee to show some skin.
The length of the skirt is below the knee.

Love the modern detail.


Tan Blazer

$4.50

The flower is removable -- can't decide if I should keep it.








Later on, I'll show you how to make these pieces work with the pieces you already own.

Have a great night!
:) Amy



No comments:

Post a Comment