Wednesday, August 29, 2012

An Easy Fix: The Leather Purse

A couple of weeks ago I snagged this black leather Coach purse for $6.99 at St. Vincent De Paul in Mt. Washington (2300 Beechmont Avenue, Cincinnati), one of my favorite thrift stores in Cincinnati.

Black leather Coach purse.

Coach.




It was roughed up, and so I thought to myself, "This will help me harden up my look." (Side note -- I try to make my personal style a juxtaposition of hard and soft.)



Close-up


While the cashier was ringing up my purchases, she noticed my "great find" and that it would buff right up with a little polish.  It turns out she was right! It still shows the wear, but not the scratches, and has that lovely used look to it. :)



Leather wipes I purchased at Kroger in Hyde Park.  Approximately $4.

No comments:

Post a Comment