Monday, September 9, 2013

Lunch Break Unbroken


Some things in life never change. 

 

Like lunch breaks. 

 

It has always been a magical part of the day to me. 

 

Elementary school was all about lunch box trading. In middle school, one of my friends would buy flavored water and we'd all take "shots" from the cap followed by the phrase "Hit me again, it's been a long day." True story. In high school, we tried to cram as many seats around our usual table before promptly being scolded for doing so. Such rebellious youth.  In college, I was surrounded by some of the most talented, funny people alive. Most of my breaks were spent simultaneously laughing and trying to keep food down.

Lunch time at Stephens College

Typical lunch time at Stephens College with the HILARIOUS Amy Jo.

And look, I'm even wearing one of my favorite thrifted pieces - a locket.

Thrifted locket.

And I can't mention college lunch time
without thinking about Dana Gutierrez's face. 


This was a sandwich break before the STL Zoo.
She took that bread to comedy level filet minion, if you know what I mean...

And now THE FUTURE.


Or as some people call it, the present.


For about a year now, Cory and I have worked at the same company.
Although we work in different departments,
we manage to take lunch together about 95% of the time.  

Of course, I'm all about a thrifty lunch. 

 

My favorite breaks involve a lunch box and lying in the grass.
As you can imagine, our attempts at napping are often spoiled by the families of ants that inhabit the park.
I think most of this could be solved if we simply used a bigger blanket.

Thrifty Lunch break at Alms Park.

After Cory took this photo, he said it looked like my feet were glowing with the light of God. 
I prefer to think of them as nuclear feet - like I stepped in radioactive material and then went about my day.
Either way, this photo makes them look deformed. You're welcome.

Thrifted red LOFT cardigan.

LOFT cardigan $4.49, St.Vincent De Paul on Glenway.


Ralph Lauren leopard print sweater shell. $1.99 Goodwill in Burlington, KY. 

Thrifting in Cincinnati
Cory really should have told me how jumbled my shirt looked here...

Cincinnati Thrift

 Pants, Gap brands outlet in Hebron, KY $9.99.

Outfit from Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Thrift Stores
I hear this pose makes every outfit look better. And I'd have to agree.

Bon Nuit!

1 comment:

  1. I love the Gap outlet! I think you're right, problem would be solved with a bigger blankie. How fortuitous that you both work for the same company! Car pooling and lunch together. I think that's sweet.
    -Ash
    www.thestylizedwannabe.com

    ReplyDelete