Saturday, November 17, 2012

Daytime Disco

Check out these

high-waited, wide-legged, yellow polyester pants

I purchased at St. Vincent De Paul in Newport.

The pants are actually 1/2 of a suit, but wearing both pieces together would look costume-y.
Seriously, I considered wearing the entire suit for Halloween as
"the (wo) man with the yellow hat" from Curious George.

Yellow Suit: $7.99 at St. Vincent De Paul in Newport, Kentucky.

Gray High-Low Sweater: Old Navy, winter 2011, $5.
As you can see, this outfit is very slouchy.  To counteract that,
I've put my hair up in a ballerina bun, added disco-worthy heels, and a

short pearl necklace.

  This is one of my favorite necklaces.  I get compliments on it every time I wear it: I still have
never seen anything similar.  Purchased for $4 at Blackberry Exchange in Columbia, Missouri.
(Shop online at Blackberry Exchange here)
When I came across these pants, I immediately thought of my mom. 
In the seventies, she made her own pair of red polyester pants. 
If I remember correctly they were flairs.  I still think this look reads very seventies.
Shout out to Rose!

Homage paid to the original disco queen!

With wide-leg pants, wearing heels help elongate the legs. 
I went for my sliver, snake skin, peep-toes. Disco never dies!

Happy thrifting from Cincinnati!

No comments:

Post a Comment